Rail Budget 2015 – 16 Key Highlights and Features By Suresh Prabhu:
The Indian Railway Budget for the financial year 2015 and 2016 had been presented by Suresh Prabhu, the Railway Minister on 26th February 2015, Thursday at 12 PM in the Parliament.
The happy news for the passengers will be announcement of no hike in the ticket fares and the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had mentioned various features in the Railway Budget 2015-16.
After this the Union Budget of India 2015-16 is to be presented on 28th February 2015 by the Hon’ble Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley in the Parliament.
Railway Budget 2015-16 Key Features and Highlights:
- 10 satellite railway stations
- 400 railway stations to get Wi-fi facility
- E-catering at IRCTC website introduced in 108 trains
- Extend of Rail-cum-road ticket to many stations
- From 110 KM the speed passenger trains across 9 corridors increased to 160 – 200 KM
- From 60 Days now ticket booking can be booked 120 days in advance
- General class coaches with Mobile charging stations
- Increase in general class coaches
- Increase track capacity by 10 per cent to 1.38 lakh km
- Integrated ticketing will be done
- Passenger fares not increased
- People complaints Mobile application will be developed
- Shatabdi trains to get On-board entertainment facility
- Suburban trains with Air-conditioned coaches
- Ticket checkers to have Hand-held devices for moving towards paperless ticketing
- Train timings SMS alert to be introduced
- Water vending machines