The prime minister of India Narendra Modi has announced creating 100 smart cities in the country with Delhi and Mumbai corridor placed first in the list. One such example is a proposed Gujarat International Finance Tec-City, in Gujarat, India. This is because of the research revealing relocation of 300 mn i.e., 50% of nation’s population dwelling into urban areas for livelihood at nearby cities compared 32% in 2011, 28% in 2001, 17% in 1991. This will bring many ‘satellite townships’ across major cities.
The new city Dholera is getting funded by the central & state governments which is also a Japanese contribution The “Living Lab”, cameras & sensors will be equipped along with a broadband and WiFI network to collect info on traffic patterns, parking & security circumstances, water, power usage. Some countries like South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, & China projected an $8 billion investment to make smart city.
There are even twin cities among top 100 cities in India to be created. The 100-city will feature solar panels, automated garbage collection, and water treatment & recycling plants.Few Smart Cities are Lavasa, Auroville & Pallava are not for for lower or middle-class income groups as it is for upper middle class. India’s development is city-centric as big number of people migrate to the fast-developing cities thus “The pace of migration from the rural areas to the cities is maximizing and a neo-middle class is developing for better living standards.
Therefore a new cities should be developed to accommodate the increasing number of livelihood people The smart cities will bring real estate business back to its good margin industry. The real estate sector will get boosted well once PM Narendra permits the smart cities order. The developing new cities will urbanize inhabitants
The 98 smart cities of India name list had been announced on 27th August 2015 by the Union Government which was released by the Minister of Urban Development M. Venkaiah Naidu.
Proposed List of Top 100 Smart Modi Cities
Top Smart Cities in Andhra Pradesh
Smart-Cities in Assam
Best SmartCities in Bihar
- Bihar Sharif
Smart City in Gujarat
- Gandhi Nagar
Smart-City in Haryana
Modi Citi in Himachal Pradesh
Jharkhand’s Satellite Cities in Top 100
Big Smart Urbans in Karnataka
Kerala’s King Cities Inspired by Narendra Modi
Modi Govt Indian Smart-Urban
Maharashtra State List of Smart Cities
Two Cities of Manipur
Smart-Cities of Odisha
Prime Punjab Cities Considered by Smart in India by PM
Proposed Smarts city in Rajasthan
Speed Cities in Sikkim
Top Cities Thought To be Smart in Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry
Touted Smart-Cities of Telengana
Cities in Uttar Pradesh
Uttarkhand Part of Top-100 Smart Cities
White List of West Bengal’s Top Smart Cities
Comments on Top 100 Cities by popular political leaders
- Joshi – “A lot of other cities in India are struggling with infrastructure projects,” Joshi said.
- Modi – “Cities in the past were built on riverbanks,”. They are now built along highways. But in the future, they will be built based on availability of optical fiber networks and next-generation infrastructure.”
- Rutul Joshi – “Having a stable roof over every head, public transportation running on every road, a toilet in every house — I would say that is the smartest city ever,”. “We have to redefine what is smartness.”
- Shanmugam – “PM talked about ports and port management, skill development, building of smart cities, rejuvenation of India’s rivers and water solutions. In terms of technology and experience in water solutions, we will share whatever we have,”
- Ramakant Jha – “The cost of operation will be much cheaper than any other place in India,”
- Shah – “The infrastructure given to this city will be world-class,”.
- Rahul Sharma – “We can already anticipate the problems that these cities face and attack them at the source,”
Our PM Narendra Modi is known for making big dreams Now he has dreamed even bigger, building 100 smart cities in India connecting across the cities in next 10 years. Is it realistically possible to achieve?
Posted by Bahubali