The Ration Card is an main document serving as an identity proof for the whole household of nagaland state. It entitles cardholders to get sugar, rice, wheat, fertilizers, petrol, kerosene, LPG at very less prices at the time of fluctuation because of international and national markets.
How to get Ration Card in Nagaland?
The naga govt. attempts to materialzie the PDS in as crystal clear manner as possible. The Government makes available all ration card records online and presses a check on fraudulent fair price shops and fake cards in movement. The government also deputes few officials to have a check upon the corrupt practices prevailing in the system.
There are many different Ration card Schemes from the Government of Nagaland
The BPL or Below Poverty Line scheme comprises
- AAY or Antyodaya Anna Yojana scheme
- The Annapurna Scheme
- Hostels Scheme & Welfare Institutions are operated by the Govrenment
- Hostels for scheduled tribe or other backward community and scheduled tribe
- APL or Above Poverty Line Scheme
- The Village Grain Bank Scheme
The aims of the Department of Food & Civil Supplies, Government of Nagaland are:
- Giving food security to the people of Nagaland and distributing foodgrains to them according to the provisions of the PDS system.
- TO make sure that the foodgrains are distributed on time from the Central for the use of the beneficiaries in Nagaland State.
- To assure that the foodgrains are shared correctly to the true needy sections of the society.
- The District Administrative Authority guides with the identification of the beneficiaries as per the numbers fixed by the Indian Government.
- The Department gives various kinds of family ration cards based upon the economic status of the citizens.
The ration cardholders can find all the details of Godowns in the state available online here http://fcsnagaland.gov.in/Docs/Details%20of%20Godown%20under%20F&CS.pdf
Eligibilities in the state of Nagaland
- Below Poverty Line eligible beneficiaries are landless labourers, daily wage earners & marginal farmers.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana beneficiaries are Disabled persons with no support of their families & society, senior citizens, and landless labourers.
- Annapurna Scheme beneficiaries are the 65 or above years old people who are economically weak, of the lower income strata of the society.
- Welfare Institution & Hostels Scheme are those institutions and hostels that functions for citizens’ welfare.
- SC, ST and OBC Hostels which are with 75% of their students of them are SC, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
- APL/ Above Poverty Line Families are those households are not included under BPL, Annapurna or AAY schemes.
- Village Grain Bank concentrates to secure citizens from starvation during times of natural catastrophes and famines when marginalized households find devoid of enough resources to have their ends meet.
Those who want to apply for a new ration card in Nagaland should follow the procedure under:
- The prescribed application form has to be filled according to your local ration card office
- Submit the online application for duplicate ration card and verify status
- Ensure all the entries are keyed in perfectly as incomplete forms can be cancelled by the officials.
- Submit the application form attaching the demanded documents to finish your application and have receipt for the same.
Documents Required for Nagaland Ration card
- Residence Proof documents like House rent receipts, Electricity / telephone bill, Driving License, Bank Passbook
- affidavit of no ration card declaration
- Surrender certificate incase of transfer
Direcorate of Food & Civil Supplies
Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org