Dadra & Nagar Haveli Consumer Protection Act of 1986 has been materialized by the government department including the rules & provisions. Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli’s State Commission and the District Consumer Redressal Forum have been formed to settle the complaints of both the places.
Responsibilities of the Dadra and Nagar Haveli Ration Card holders
The public are informed to help the Department of Food, Civil Supply and Consumer Affairs in the following method:
- The citizens should apply for the different services in the suggested application forms.
- The residents should do submit the necessary papers and applicable fees.
- The filled in applications should be given to the concerned officials.
- The applicants should not approach broker, middlemen and touts who might misguide them.
- The applicants should make their grievances & complaints with the competent authorities if required.
- The applicants should not interrupt the working of the onduty officers.
- The applicants should respect the timelines for the different services.
Ration Card Schemes under TPDS issued are:
- The White colored ration cards are issued to the applicants are of APL to Households with 2 Liquified Petroleum Gas cylinders who are not entitled for Kerosene oil rations.
- BPL cards are issued to the determined families that have been approved by the Union Territory’s District Panchayat.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana applicants are those with yellow coloured cards are provided subsidies depending on the lists done by the DRDA (District Rural Development Agency).
- Annapurna Scheme is being materialized for the consumers who are beneficiaries of the National Old Age Pension Scheme identified by the District Panchayat’s competent authorities giving a blue coloured ration card.
How to Apply for a New Ration Card in Dadra and Nagar Haveli?
- Get the prescribed application form from the nearby fair price shops / offices and fill in correctly.
- Pay Rs.10 as application fee and submit after carefully going through it.
- From the date of submission of your dadra & nagar haveli ration card application should be delivered within a period of seven days.
Documents Required for DNH Ration card
- Residence Proof
- Rent Receipt
- Surrender Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Director Food & Civil Supplies
Opposite District & Session Court
Silvassa Khanvel Road, Silvassa,
Dadra and Nagar Haveli 396 230.
Toll Free Number 1800-233-4004
PDS Toll Free Number 1967 AND 104