How to apply for ration card in Assam?

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Assam ration cards are recognized documents given by the Government of Assam to get benefits under Public Distribution System. There are about 3 kinds of Ration Cards namely Family Identity Cards, FIC

  • APL or Above Poverty Line
  • BPL or Below Poverty Line
  • AAY or Antodaya Anna Yojana
  • MMASY or Mukhya Mantrir Anna Suraksha Yojana card

After NFSA’13 implementation in the State now only two types of ration cards and are AAY Card and Priority Household Card

Eligibility for Ration Card in Assam

Assam New Ration Card – The oldest woman of a family who is also a bonafide citizen of this nation with annual family income under Rs. 1 Lakh may apply to avail a new Ration Card under. If there is no adult female member, then the eldest male person may too apply for the same. He shall present a certificate from the Village Head/ Gaon Panchayat President/ Ward Commissioner/ Inspector, FCS&CA / Concerned official in writing indicating the person posses no ration card.

Assam Duplicate Ration Card are issued at times the old ration card is lost / defaced / mutilated / illegible or useless for no fault of the holder of the ration card.

Assam Ration Card Transfer are given to the Government officials or other persons who keep transferring from one place to another often should submit the Surrender Certificate from the concerning FCS & CA authority.

Inclusion Due to Marriage is where the new entry is made after deleting old entry in the ration card. The spouse should produce the deletion / removal certificate from the previous place of residence, given by FCS&CA authority.

For any new member inclusion like child should give the birth certificate of the child along with ration card application.

The application can be submitted to the FCS & CA authority of the District/Sub-Division(C)

Documents Required for New Ration Card in Assam

  • family members particulars
  • birth record certificates of minor members
  • Voter List extract
  • Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
  • Surrender certificate of Ration Card
  • Address proofs like PAN Card / Post Office Passbook / Municipal Holding receipt / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill

Documents for Assam Duplicate Ration Card

  • Self Declaration
  • Police FIR report

Documents for Separate Ration Card

  • Surrender Certificate(s) in original
  • Parental Ration Cards in original
  • Self Declaration
  • Certificate From VH / GPP / WC
  • No Objection Certificate by Head of Family of Parental Ration Card for inclusion of extra members
  • Proof of Date of Birth like Birth Certificate / matric Pass Certificate / declared
  • Proof of Residence
  • Photo Identity / Election Card / PAN / Driving license card / Passport

Required Documents for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender

  • Original Ration Card
  • Local Certificate / Voter id Card / permanent account number / Driving
  • license / Passport
  • Proof of Date of Birth
  • Surrender Certificate in original
  • Death Certificate in case of death of a member

Required Documents for Family head Change

  • Original Ration Card
  • Death Certificate in case of death of Head of Family
  • No Objection Certificate

Required Documents for Child to Adult Conversion

  • Original Ration Card
  • Proof of Date of Birth

Required Documents for Change of FPS and / or Residential Address

  • Original Ration Card
  • Photo Proof / Election ID / PAN / Driving license / Passport

The Director,
Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
Bhangagarh, Guwahati 781 005. Assam
Toll free 18003453611, 1967

  1. 6 months ago
  2. 6 months ago
  3. 6 months ago
  4. 6 months ago
  5. 6 months ago
  6. 6 months ago
  7. 6 months ago
  8. 6 months ago
  9. 6 months ago
  10. 6 months ago
  11. 6 months ago
  12. 6 months ago

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *