If you want to apply for a new ration card in the state of Bihar here are the step by step procedure to obtain your card in the quickest viable method:
Have the blank application form for a new ration card from the Circle Office or the SDO office
2/3 passport-sized photos of the head of the household is required along with attestation from a MLA, MP, Municipal Councillor or a gazatted officer. The residential address proof and the Deletion Certificate or Surrender is required according to the process of ration card
Instant inquiries would be held by the circle FSO, MO or SI that if fails to submit a proof of residence. The statements of 2 neighborhood evidences would also be registered.
As one submits the filled in application form along with all necessary papers should take nearly fifteen days to get to know the final status.
Eligibility terms for issue of new Ration Card
- The candidate should be a indian citizen.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the place.
- No old ration card should be had by the applicant.
How to Add / Delete Names to Bihar Ration Cards?
Those wanting to add a name to the existing ration card due to marriage should provide birth certificate / death certificate / deletion certificate according to the needs arise. Contact the closest ration card office for the application forms for updated status.
There are about three categories of ration cards issued to bihari residents
- Bihar Above Poverty Line APL Cards belongs to families who live above the line of poverty.
- Bihar BPL Below Poverty Line Cards are the card type issued to households that live in poverty.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards are offered to the economically weakest sections of the societies.
Mobile SMS Alerts for Ration card Beneficiaries
The PDS Implementation guidelines needs SMS alerts to be forwarded to individuals comprising PDS beneficiaries, Fair Price Shops dealers in order to interact proper information on the availability of requirements at the respective FPS, ration card status, food grains picking at state depots.
1-Way SMS Alerts where a SMS would be mailed to the beneficiaries whenever a fitting event happens when Food grains are moved from the state Godowns
2-Way SMS Alerts where a user could mail a code to the server to know the required information and would get response on the following
- Stock availability at the Fair Price Shop
- Status of Ration Card
- Entitlement of the applicant
Toll Free 1800-3456-194